- Programmable over JTAG and Quad-SPI Flash
- On-chip analog-to-digital converter
- (*A7-50T variant value in parentheses where different)
One XADC Pmod port
5V (2.5mm coaxial) supply
The Nexys A7-50T variant is now retired in our store. The Nexys A7-100T is not affected and will remain in production.
The Nexys A7 board is a complete, ready-to-use digital circuit development platform based on the latest Artix-7™ Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) from Xilinx®. With its large, high-capacity FPGA, generous external memories, and collection of USB, Ethernet, and other ports, the Nexys A7 can host designs ranging from introductory combinational circuits to powerful embedded processors. Several built-in peripherals, including an accelerometer, temperature sensor, MEMs digital microphone, a speaker amplifier, and several I/O devices allow the Nexys A7 to be used for a wide range of designs without needing any other components.
Note: Xilinx software tools are not available for download in some countries. Prior to purchasing the Nexys A7, please check the supporting software's availability, as it is required for the board's use.
- Walks through installing Vivado and Vitis, the development environments used to create hardware and software applications targeting Digilent FPGA development boards.
- Walks through using Vivado and Vitis to create a design in hardware and software that uses a processor to control buttons and LEDs.
- Walks through using Vivado to create a simple design that blinks a single LED.
- Digilent Pmod IPs can be used to control connected Pmods from baremetal software.
- It should be noted that not all Pmods are supported and that Pmod IPs are only supported in versions of Vivado 2019.1 and older.
- Learn how to use Vivado's built-in simulator for the first time
- The user Viktor Nikolov posted a tutorial on the Digilent Forum showing an alternate architecture for clocking the DDR interface for Digilent boards when using MicroBlaze. It works around several errors that may occur in other guides linked here.