- Full support for Vivado and Petalinux design environments
- 667 MHz Cortex-A9 processor with tightly integrated Xilinx FPGA
- 512 MB DDR3 memory
- Arduino shield and Pmod connectors for add-on hardware devices
- USB and Ethernet connectivity
- Large array of general purpose input/output ports for any number of different custom solutions
- Small form factor and mounting holes
- Programmable from JTAG and microSD card
125 MHz external clock
- (*Z7-10 variant value in parentheses where different)
MicroSD Card Slot
5V External source
The Cora Z7-10 variant is now retired in our store. The Cora Z7-07S is not affected and will remain in production.
The Digilent Cora Z7 is a ready-to-use, low-cost, and easily embeddable development platform designed around the powerful Zynq-7000 All-Programmable System-on-Chip (APSoC) from Xilinx. The Zynq-7000 architecture tightly integrates a single or dual core 667MHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor with a Xilinx 7-series FPGA. This pairing grants the ability to surround the processor with a unique set of software defined peripherals and controllers, tailored for the target application.
The Cora Z7’s wide array of hardware interfaces, from a 1Gbps Ethernet PHY to analog-to-digital converters and general-purpose input/output pins, make it an ideal platform for the development of a vast variety of embedded applications. The small form factor and mounting holes make the Cora Z7 ready to be used as one component of a larger solution. The on-board SD Card slot, Ethernet, and Power solution allow the Cora Z7 to operate independently of a host computer.
- Cora Z7 Reference Manual
- Cora Z7 Schematic
- Master XDC Files
- Petalinux Support for Digilent Boards
- Xilinx Zynq Datasheet
- Xilinx Zynq Technical Reference Manual
- Walks through installing Vivado and Vitis, the development environments used to create hardware and software applications targeting Digilent FPGA development boards.
- Walks through using Vivado and Vitis to create a design in hardware and software that uses a processor to control buttons and LEDs.
- Walks through using Vivado to create a simple design that blinks a single LED.
- Digilent Pmod IPs can be used to control connected Pmods from baremetal software.
- It should be noted that not all Pmods are supported and that Pmod IPs are only supported in versions of Vivado 2019.1 and older.