- Full support for Vivado, SDSoC, and Petalinux design environments
- 650MHz dual-core Cortex-A9 processor with tightly integrated Xilinx FPGA
- 512 MB DDR3
- Wide range of USB, Ethernet, Video and Audio connectivity
- Arduino shield and Pmod connectors for adding-on hardware devices
- Programmable from JTAG, Quad-SPI flash, and microSD card
4 PLLs (2 PLLs*)
4 MMCMs (2 MMCMs*)
125 MHz external clock
- (* -7010 variant value in parentheses when different)
with 3.5mm jack
7V-15V External source
The Arty Z7 is a ready-to-use development platform designed around the Zynq-7000™ All Programmable System-on-Chip (AP SoC) from Xilinx. The Zynq-7000 architecture tightly integrates a dual-core, 650 MHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor with Xilinx 7-series Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) logic. This pairing grants the ability to surround a powerful processor with a unique set of software defined peripherals and controllers, tailored by you for the target application.
The Vivado, Petalinux, and SDSoC toolsets each provide an approachable path between defining your custom peripheral set and bringing it's functionality up to a Linux OS or bare metal program running on the processor. For those looking for a more traditional digital logic design experience, it is also possible to ignore the ARM processors and program the Zynq's FPGA like you would any other Xilinx FPGA. Digilent provides a number of materials and resources for the Arty Z7 that will get you up and running with your tool of choice quickly.
- Arty Z7 Reference Manual
- Arty Z7 Schematic
- Master XDC Files
- Petalinux Support for Digilent Boards
- SDSoC Platforms
- Xilinx Zynq Datasheet
- Xilinx Zynq Technical Reference Manual
- Walks through installing Vivado and Vitis, the development environments used to create hardware and software applications targeting Digilent FPGA development boards.
- Walks through using Vivado and Vitis to create a design in hardware and software that uses a processor to control buttons and LEDs.
- Walks through using Vivado to create a simple design that blinks a single LED.
- Digilent Pmod IPs can be used to control connected Pmods from baremetal software.
- It should be noted that not all Pmods are supported and that Pmod IPs are only supported in versions of Vivado 2019.1 and older.
- Arty Z7 HDMI In Demo
- Arty Z7 HDMI Out Demo
- Arty Z7 XADC Demo
- Arty Z7-10 Out-of-Box Demo
- Arty Z7-20 Out-of-Box Demo
- OOB bit file boot.zip