- Compatible Digilent products containing the Arduino Shield
- Full load Arduino Shield Header
- 4 banana connectors for measurements(Volts/Ω, COM, mAmps, Amps).
- Floating COM
- AC/DC voltage and current measurements
- Diode, continuity measurement/function
- Resistance measurement
- Supports SPI connection
The DMM Shield is no longer in production and is retired from the Digilent store. Existing materials will remain available on the DMM Shield Resource Center, but support will be very limited.
The DMM Shield is a 5 1/2 Digit digital multimeter, designed for use with Digilent microcontroller boards and FPGA boards that are equipped with the Arduino shield header, see Compatible Boards. The shield is built around the HY3131 module from Hycon Technology, which is an analog front end DMM dedicated chip. The device has 7 measurements functions (AC/DC Voltage, AC/DC Current, Resistance, Diode, Continuity) and is factory calibrated. It can be used out of the box with the compatible system boards.
It is accessed through a custom SPI interface, using digital IO pins exposed in the DMM Shield connector.