Basys Resource Center
The Basys is retired and no longer for sale in our store. Please see the Basys 3 as a replacement.
Welcome to the resource center for the Basys!
Here you will find all the reference materials that Digilent has created for this board, as well as links to any external content we have tracked down. Since this product is retired, documentation and support may be limited.
NOTE: The Basys is being replaced by the Basys 2 FPGA Board. For more details, please see the following document: Upgrade to the Basys 2 PDF
The Basys board provides an ideal circuit design platform for anyone who wants to learn about FPGAs and digital circuit design. It combines the advanced features of Xilinx's Spartan-3E FPGA with straightforward power supply and I/O circuits, making it the perfect platform for introductory designs ranging from simple logic circuits to complex digital systems.
The four on-board 6-pin connectors can accommodate any of Digilent's low-cost “PMOD” accessory circuits, making it easy to add A/D and D/A converters, motors, sensors, and a variety of other devices and circuits.
The Basys board is fully compatible with all versions of the Xilinx ISE tools, including the free WebPack. It ships with a USB programming cable (this also supplies power) so designs can be implemented immediately with no hidden costs. It also comes in a convenient plastic carry-case.
Now every student can have a state-of-the-art development system for far less than the cost of a textbook!
Note: In order to program and communicate with the Basys board, you must download and install the free Digilent Adept Suite
- Technical description of the Basys and all of its features.
- Sell Sheet – PDF
- Board Verification Project - Previous Version (Rev.C) – zip file
- Master UCF file for the Basys board – zip file
- Basys Self Test project - Current Version (Rev.E) – zip file
- Basys Demo project – zip file
- Active Power Meter reference design – zip file
- BRAM Configuration reference design – zip file
- PS2 Mouse Control reference component – zip file
- PS2 Mouse Displayer reference component – zip file
- Pulse-width modulation reference component – zip file
- VGA controller reference design – zip file
- Adept I/O expansion reference design – zip file