The Nexys Video is a powerful platform for audio/video applications. Built around the Artix®-7 XC7A200T, the most powerful chip from the Xilinx® Artix-7 FPGA family, the Nexys Video has all the performance and FPGA real estate needed for high-bandwidth and low-latency A/V processing.
Utilizing A/V signals is made easy with an on-board Mini DisplayPort, three high-speed digital video ports, and a 24-bit audio codec. One can conveniently scale their design with Ethernet, UART, and USB interfaces and integrate it into larger systems. There is no limit to customizability with the 160-pin FMC LPC connector and four additional Pmod ports.
The Nexys Video is supported by Xilinx's Vivado Design Suite, including the free WebPACK edition, making the Nexys Video a great option for any budget.
Guides and demos are available to help users get started quickly with the Nexys Video. These can be found through the Support Materials tab.
- Xilinx Artix®-7 XC7A200T-1SBG484C
- 33,650 logic slices, each with four 6-input LUTs and 8 flip-flops
- 13 Mbits of fast block RAM (3x more than the Nexys 4 DDR)
- 10 clock management tiles, each with phase-locked loop (PLL)
- 740 DSP slices
- Internal clock speeds exceeding 450MHz
- On-chip analog-to-digital converter (XADC)
- Up to 3.75Gbps GTP transceivers
- Programmable over JTAG, Quad-SPI Flash, microSD, and USB flash drive
- 512MB 400MHz (800MT/s) DDR3
- 32MB Quad-SPI flash
- microSD card slot for nonvolatile storage (card not included)
- Dedicated onboard USB port for JTAG programming and data transfers
- Powered from any 12V source (36W wall supply included)
- HDMI sink and HDMI source
- Mini DisplayPort source
- 24-bit Audio codec w/ four 3.5mm jacks
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet PHY with included unique MAC address
- User EEPROM
- USB-UART bridge
- Digilent parallel transfer interface (DTPI) for high-speed data transfers over USB
- Digilent serial peripheral interface (DSPI) for medium-speed data transfers over USB
- Onboard user interfaces: 128x32 monochrome OLED display, 5 user push buttons, 8 user switches, 8 user LEDs
- USB HID host for mice and keyboards
- Fully-populated 160-pin FMC LPC connector
- Four Pmod ports, Pmod for XADC signals
- Nexys Video Artix-7 FPGA
- Custom Digilent cardboard packing
- USB A to micro-B programming cable and one 12V, 3A wall power supply with US and EU adapters - UK plug adapter not included.
The Nexys Video can be programmed with Digilent's Adept software. Digilent Adept is a unique and powerful solution which allows you to communicate with Digilent system boards and a wide assortment of logic devices. Find out more about Adept here.
To create and modify designs for your Nexys Video, you can use Xilinx's Vivado Design Suite. Vivado is a software designed for the synthesis and analysis of HDL designs. The Nexys Video is supported by the free WebPACK edition of the Vivado Design Suite.
Note: Xilinx software tools are not available for download in some countries. Prior to purchasing the Nexys Video, please check the supporting software's availability, as it is required for the board's use.