The Digilent Pmod RS232 converts between digital logic voltage levels to RS232 voltage levels using the Maxim Integrated MAX3232 transceiver. The RS232 module is configured as a data communications equipment (DCE) device. It connects to data terminal equipment (DTE) devices, such as the serial port on a PC, using a straight-through cable.
Note: There are two UART signal pin assignment conventions in use on Digilent products. This product uses the old signal assignment convention. Connecting a product using the old convention with one using the new convention requires the use of a UART Crossover Cable (not included). Click here for a more detailed explanation.
- Maxim Integrated MAX3232 RS232 transceiver
- Standard RS232 DB9 connector
- Optional RTS and CTS handshaking functions
- Small PCB size for flexible designs 1.0“ × 1.3” (2.5 cm × 3.3 cm)
- 6-pin Pmod connector with UART interface
- Follows Digilent Pmod Interface Specification Type 3
- Example code available in resource center
- Pmod RS232
- Custom antistatic Pmod packaging
Quickly find what you need to get started and reduce mean time to blink.
All product support including documentation, projects, and the Digilent Forum can be accessed through the product resource center.Resource Center