The Genesys 2 is a high-performance, ready-to-use FPGA development board built around the Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA. The Genesys 2 is a powerhouse for data and video processing applications, but offers a variety of peripherals making it a great solution for a wide array of projects.
Everything needed for robust multimedia applications is already available on the board: DisplayPort connectors, HDMI sink and source, 16-bit VGA, 128x32 pixel OLED screen, and an audio codec with four 3.5mm jacks. One can quickly get started with A/V, image processing, or other multimedia applications without needing additional hardware.
Working on other applications, or looking for more customizability? The Genesys 2 also offers five Pmod ports and a fully populated FMC HPC connector, which provide limitless expansion options. Additionally, the 10/100/1000 Ethernet, USB 2.0, and a USB HID host for mice and keyboards make the Genesys 2 easily integrated with other systems.
The powerful Kintex-7 XC7K325T-2FFG900C will have no trouble keeping up with your designs made in Vivado Design Suite or ISE. The free WebPACK version of the Vivado Design Suite does not support the Kintex-7 325T, but a voucher is provided for Vivado HL Design Edition at no extra cost.
Guides and demos are available to help users get started quickly with the Genesys 2. These can be found through the Support Materials tab.
The Genesys 2 offers a robust collection of ports and peripherals, including:
- Fully-populated 400-pin FMC HPC connector w/ ten GTX lanes
- USB-UART Bridge
- 128x32 pixel OLED
- 16-bit VGA connector
- Pmod connector for XADC signals
- Two four-lane DisplayPort connectors
- HDMI Sink and HDMI Source
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet PHY
- 1 GB 1800 MT/s on-board DDR3
- USB 2.0 Host/Device/OTG PHY
- Dedicated USB port for JTAG programming and data transfers
- Micro SD card connector
- Audio codec w/ four 3.5mm jacks
- Serial Flash
- Five Pmod ports
- USB HID Host for mice, keyboards and USB MSD Host for storage
- On-board FPGA: Xilinx Kintex-7™ FPGA (XC7K325T-2FFG900C)
- 50,950 logic slices, each with four 6-input LUTs and 8 flip-flops
- 16 Mbits of fast block RAM
- Ten clock management tiles, each with a phase-locked loop (PLL)
- 840 DSP slices
- Internal clock speeds exceeding 450MHz
- On-chip analog-to-digital converter (XADC)
- Up to 10.3125Gbps gigabit transceivers
- 1800Mbps DDR3 data rate with 32-bit data width
- Commercial -2 speed grade
- Genesys 2 Kintex-7 development board
- Digilent custom cardboard box with protective foam
- USB A to Micro-B programming cable and one 12V, 3A wall power supply with US and EU adapters - UK plug adapter not included
- Vivado Design Suite voucher
The Genesys 2 can be programmed with Digilent's Adept software. Digilent Adept is a unique and powerful solution which allows you to communicate with Digilent system boards and a wide assortment of logic devices. Find out more about Adept here.
To create and modify designs for your Genesys 2, you can use Xilinx's Vivado Design Suite. Vivado is a software designed for the synthesis and analysis of HDL designs. The Genesys 2 is not supported by the free WebPACK edition of the Vivado Design Suite, but a voucher is provided with the board at no additional cost.
If you are continuing work on an old design, you can also use ISE, a legacy design tool from Xilinx for synthesis and analysis of HDL designs.
Note: Xilinx software tools are not available for download in some countries. Prior to purchasing the Genesys 2, please check the supporting software's availability, as it is required for the board's use.