The NetFPGA-SUME is no longer in production. Once the current stock is depleted, it will be discontinued.
The NetFPGA-SUME board is the ideal platform for high-performance and high-density networking design. A collaborative effort between Digilent, the University of Cambridge, and Stanford University, the NetFPGA-SUME has everything you need to conduct cutting edge research and development of state-of-the-art networking systems.
The NetFPGA-SUME is an amazingly advanced board that features one of the largest and most complex FPGAs ever produced, a Xilinx® Virtex®-7 690T supporting thirty 13.1 GHz GTH transceivers. Four SFP+ 10Gb/s ports, five independent high-speed memory banks built from both 500MHzQDRII+ & 1866MT/s DDR3 SoDIMM devices, and an eight-lane third generation PCIe offer incredible throughput and can sustain a large number of high-speed data streams to the FPGA fabric and memory devices. Other features include the presentation of twenty transceivers in total on FMC and QTH expansion connectors, and SATA ports. The NetFPGA-SUME's main mission is to give students, researchers, and developers a state-of-the-art platform for networking, whether it's learning the fundamentals or creating new hardware and software applications. This board easily supports simultaneous wire-speed processing on the four 10Gb/s Ethernet ports, and it can manipulate and process data on-board, or stream it over the 8x Gen.3 PCIe interface and the expansion interfaces.
This board is supported by a large collection of free IP blocks available at www.netfpga.org.
- Xilinx Virtex-7 XC7V690T FFG1761-3
- Xilinx CPLD XC2C512 for FPGA configuration
- PCIe Gen3 x8 (8Gbps/lane)
- Two 512Mbits Micron StrataFlash (PC28F512G18A)
- Programming: Xilinx Vivado® Design Suite
- Three x36 72Mbits QDR II SRAM (CY7C25652KV18-500BZC)
- Two 4GB DDR3 SODIMM (MT8KTF51264Hz-1G9E1)
- Micro USB Connector for JTAG programming and debugging (shared with UART interface)
- One Micro USB cable for programming/UART
- QTH Connector (8 RocketIO GTH transceivers)
- Four SFP+ interface (4 RocketIO GTH transceivers) supporting 10Gbps
- Two SATA-III ports
- User LEDs and Push Buttons
- One HPC FMC Connector (10 RocketIO GTH transceivers)
- One Pmod port
- Custom Digilent cardboard box with protective foam
- 1.2 meter shielded high-speed USB 2.0 micro USB cable
Quickly find what you need to get started and reduce mean time to blink.
All product support including documentation, projects, and the Digilent Forum can be accessed through the product resource center.Resource Center
Note: Xilinx software tools are not available for download in some countries. Prior to purchasing the NetFPGA-SUME, please check the supporting software's availability, as it is required for the board's use.