(with the High Speed Adapter)
(50 MHz max output frequency)
SPI: read and write
I2C: read and write
CAN: rx and tx
- USB A to Micro B Cable
- 2×6 MTE Cable
- 2×16 MTE cable
- High-speed Adapter (Optional)
The Digilent Digital Discovery™ is a combined logic analyzer and pattern generator instrument that was created to be the ultimate embedded development companion. The Digital Discovery was designed to optimize channels, speed, and portability. The small form factor facilitates easy storage and provides a whole suite of advanced features to allow you to debug, visualize, and stimulate digital signals for most embedded projects. The digital inputs and outputs can be connected to a circuit using simple wire probes or breadboard wires; alternatively, the Digital Discovery High Speed Adapter and impedance-matched probes can be used to connect and utilize the inputs and outputs for more advanced projects. The Digital Discovery is driven by the free WaveForms (3.5.4 or later) software and can be configured to be any of the instruments below:
- 24-channel digital logic analyzer (1.2…3.3V CMOS, up to 800MS/s (with the High Speed Adapter))
- 16-channel pattern generator (1.2…3.3V CMOS, 100MS/s)
- 16-channel virtual digital I/O including buttons, switches, and LEDs – perfect for logic training applications
- A programmable power supply of 1.2…3.3V/100mA. The same voltage supplies the Logic Analyzer input buffers and the Pattern Generator input/output buffers, for keeping the logic level compatibility with the circuit under test.
- Digital Bus Analyzers (SPI, I²C, UART, I2S, CAN, Parallel)
The Digital Discovery was designed for anyone embarking on embedded development. Its features and specifications were deliberately chosen to maintain a small and portable form factor, withstand use in a variety of environments, and keep costs down, while balancing the requirements of operating on USB Power.
WaveForms Instrument Guides
Third Party Software Support
High Speed Adapter
The High Speed Adapter and Logic Probes are required to gain access to the highest sample rates of the Digital Discovery. They can optionally be purchased with a Digital Discovery, or purchased separately.
For more information, see the Accessories section of the Digital Discovery Reference Manual, and the Using the High Speed Adapter with the Digital Discovery guide.
- Controlling Digital Discovery With LabVIEW
- Decoding a Manchester Encoded Signal
- Decoding VGA Signals With a Portable Logic Analyzer
- I2C Protocol Viewer
- SPI Protocol Viewer
- Using a Python Script to Interface the Digital Discovery with an I2C Device
- Using a Script to Output Keypad Data to Console
- Using the Digital Discovery to look at Zynq boot sequence
- Using the Digital Discovery to Simulate an HD44780 Display
- Using the High Speed Adapter with the Digital Discovery