LabVIEW Home Edition
LabVIEW Home Edition has now been replaced by the free LabVIEW Community Edition from National Instruments!
Learn more about the Community Edition at https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/labview/select-edition/labview-community-edition.html
Digilent provides the Home Edition of LabVIEW 2014. This is a 32-bit version of LabVIEW 2014 that is compatible with Windows 10*/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions for all). It is not compatible with OS X.
*National Instruments does not officially support LabVIEW Home on Windows 10 because Windows 10 was released after LabVIEW Home. Digilent uses LabVIEW Home on Windows 10 regularly and has not found any compatibility issues.
The LabVIEW Home Bundle includes the following features:
- LabVIEW 2014 Full Development System
- LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module
- LabVIEW MathScript RT Module
- LabVIEW Application Builder Module
If you've already downloaded the evaluation version of LabVIEW and had the demo version run out, you can activate LabVIEW Home with the serial number received in the email from us. This serial can be used to activate the software online or it can be used to generate the 20 digit activation code manually. If the computer you're using is connected to the internet you can activate by performing the following steps:
- Launch NI License Manager from the Windows start menu.
- In the left column find LabVIEW Home Edition. Right click it and choose “activate”.
- Choose automatically activate through a secure internet connection.
- Enter your 9 digit serial number and complete the activation process.
- Repeat the steps for Applications Builder (under Modules) and any of the other LabVIEW Home Edition Modules you've installed.
Contact Digilent Sales by emailing sales at digilentinc dot com if encounter difficulty activating the LabVIEW Home software.
The LabVIEW Application Builder enables you to build executables from your LabVIEW VIs that can run without the full development environment, though they still require the LabVIEW runtime. It enables you to deploy LabVIEW VIs to the BeagleBone Black and Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 using LINX 3.0.
A LabVIEW Getting Started tutorial is available at on the LabVIEW MakerHub website.
- LabVIEW Home License Agreement Addendum for the National Instruments Software License Agreement