- On-chip analog-to-digital converter
The Basys 3 board is a complete, ready-to-use digital circuit development platform based on the latest Artix-7™ Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) from Xilinx. With its high-capacity FPGA (Xilinx part number XC7A35T-1CPG236C), low overall cost, and collection of USB, VGA, and other ports, the Basys 3 can host designs ranging from introductory combinational circuits to complex sequential circuits like embedded processors and controllers. It includes enough switches, LEDs and other I/O devices to allow a large number designs to be completed without the need for any additional hardware, and enough uncommitted FPGA I/O pins to allow designs to be expanded using Digilent Pmods or other custom boards and circuits.
- Walks through installing Vivado and Vitis, the development environments used to create hardware and software applications targeting Digilent FPGA development boards.
- Walks through using Vivado and Vitis to create a design in hardware and software that uses a processor to control buttons and LEDs.
- Walks through using Vivado to create a simple design that blinks a single LED.
- Digilent Pmod IPs can be used to control connected Pmods from baremetal software.
- It should be noted that not all Pmods are supported and that Pmod IPs are only supported in versions of Vivado 2019.1 and older.
Note: The latest version of Vivado supported by these projects is 2020.1.