- Fully Qualified Bluetooth® Low Energy Module
- On-Board Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy Stack
- Certified to FCC, IC, CE, KCC, NCC and SRRC
- ASCII Command Interface API
- Secure communication AES128 Encryption
- Remote Configuration Over The Air
- Small PCB size for flexible designs 1.0“ x 0.8” (2.57 cm × 2.03 cm)
- 12-pin Pmod connector with UART interface
- Follows Digilent Pmod Interface Specification Type 3A
The Digilent Pmod BLE (Revision A) is a powerful peripheral module meant for use with any UART enabled development board. This Pmod employs the Roving Networks RN4871 to create a fully integrated Bluetooth Low Energy interface. This chip features an onboard Bluetooth stack that makes connecting and communicating with any Bluetooth 4.0+ device possible through simple UART commands. The RN4871 also features four built in GATT services: Device Information, Airpatch, BeaconThings, and UART Transparent data streaming. It also allows up to five custom public services and up to 4 custom private services, each allowing up to eight custom characteristics. The PmodBLE is a cheap, versatile, low energy addition to the wireless Pmod library.
- Digilent Pmod IPs are only supported in Vivado and Xilinx SDK versions 2019.1 and earlier.