Motor Robot Kit Basic (MRK Basic) Resource Center
The Motor Robot Kit Basic (MRK Basic) is retired and no longer for sale in our store.
Welcome to the resource center for the Motor Robot Kit Basic (MRK Basic)!
Here you will find all the reference materials that Digilent has created for this kit, as well as links to any external content we have tracked down.
The Digilent Motor Robot Kit (MRK) provides the perfect starting point for those new to robotics, but has the power to be used for advanced designs and applications as well. The MRK pairs our powerful chipKIT™ Pro MX4 microcontroller development board with a rugged steel platform and all the motors, wheels, and other parts needed to build a complete robot. Using your MRK's powerful chipKIT Pro MX4, you'll be able to add all sorts of functionality to your robot. Add some of our extensive line of peripheral modules (Pmods) and you can design almost anything!
Your chipKIT Pro MX4 can be programmed with either Microchip MPLAB IDE or chipKIT MPIDE. Microchip MPLAB IDE can be downloaded for free from microchip.com. chipKIT MPIDE can be downloaded for free from chipkit.net.
- Powered by the chipKIT Pro MX4 (included)
- Includes everything needed to build a fully-functioning robot in no time at all
- Driven by two 1:19 ratio motor/gearboxes
- Rugged metal platform & motor mount with holes on 1/2“ centers
- Rugged plastic wheels and drag button
- Motor Robot Kit (MRK) reference manual / getting started guide – PDF
- Follow this guide to assemble and get started with the MRK.
- Sell Sheet – PDF
- Simple demo project for your MRK – ZIP
- This MPIDE Sketch will help you get started with the MRK.